CARTE International is seeking career minded applicants for the position of Industrial Engineering Specialist. If you are a positive, dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter, and a great team player CARTE is looking for you!
The Industrial Engineering Specialist will use multiple techniques and disciplines in order to solve manufacturing issues as they may arise. They will design, price, and have built or source the resources necessary to allow manufacturing to build transformers in the most cost efficient manner.
• Be able to take charge of several projects and be able to work on them, all at different stages, at any given time.
• Be active and supportive of the Lean Manufacturing efforts and philosophy at Carte.
• Be supportive of the Carte quality program.
• Ensure the working environment and conditions are more than adequate for Carte e mployees.
• Ensure environmental standards and procedures are being followed.
• Ensure safety requirements are being met and deficiencies are dealt with.
• A Mechanical Technology certificate from a technical institution or the equivalent experience with a good background in electrical/electronic combined with a good mechanical aptitude is required.
• A minimum of 5 years working experience in a manufacturing facility running a multitude of projects is preferred. Certificate in Project Management considered an asset.
• Must be able to obtain a forklift, crane, and other equipment operator licenses.
• Dynamic, initiate, enthusiasm, positive attitude, adaptable, open-minded
• Be willing to learn the various computer programs as they relate to Carte and the I.E. Department
• Must be able to demonstrate good skills in planning, directing, communication, and leadership.
• Good analytical skills that lead to good problem solving techniques, big picture vs. small picture and creativity.