TITLE: IT TECHNICIAN
REPORTS TO: NETWORK ANALYST
DIRECT REPORTS: NONE
DATE: FEBRUARY 2018
The IT Technician assists the Network Analyst in supporting user needs, system repairs, trouble-shooting and deployment. The IT Technician will also work on various small projects to organize hardware, scrap old hardware and test new equipment and new solutions.
These duties are to be performed in a timely manner with a focus on end-user satisfaction and maximization of systems up time.
USER & HARDWARE SUPPORT
• Provide end-user support for workstation, printer, and software related issues, including break-fix and performance related problems with a strong focus on client needs and relations.
• Backup to Network Analyst for servers
• Training on software/computer skills
• Perform routine upgrades and on-going enhancements to maintain system health and robustness.
• Create documentation to support current SOPs.
• Assist with telephone management and Wi Fi tools.
• Small projects as assigned.
• Activities are to be performed with an emphasis on accuracy and timeliness and the protection and security of corporate information and assets.
• It is expected that the IT Technician will take a dynamic approach to the duties of the job, seeking to identify opportunities that will increase efficiency.
• General promotion of quality, health, safety and environmental excellence at Carte.
• Other duties as may be assigned by management in connection with the role and duties of the IT Technician.
• General knowledge of a computer systems environment and hardware support.
• Microsoft Knowledge: Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office
• Dynamic, initiative, enthusiasm, positive attitude, adaptable, open-minded.
• Strong organizational and communications skills.
• Good technical aptitude in a computing environment.
• Behaviours: Team player. Willingness to seek automation opportunities to control process demands and maximize productivity.
• Analytical skills: problem solving, creativity, willingness to learn.
• The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks/projects at one time.