CARTE International Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in Winnipeg since 1973. With over 300 employees, we are management owned and have grown significantly to be a major supplier of transformers in our product range in Canada and the USA. CARTE is recognized as a manufacturer of high quality transformers providing excellent customer service. The overall excellence of our people is one of the major reasons for Carte’s success.
“THE MOST IMPORTANT RESOURCE AT CARTE INTERNATIONAL IS OUR PEOPLE”
CARTE International is seeking career minded applicants for the position of MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN.
If you are a positive, dynamic, enthusiastic, self-starter, and a great team player CARTE is looking for you!
Perform skilled and semi-skilled repairs and maintenance requiring a working knowledge of machines, plumbing, HVAC, compressors, hydraulics, and electrical equipment. Perform any related work as an industrial mechanic (millwright).
Repair, trouble shoot, replace, install and maintain:
• Machinery, belts and worn parts, grease, lubrication, component adjustment, and cleaning
• Plumbing, HVAC, and ventilation equipment. Repair or replace gauges, valves, pressure regulators
• Physical structures, including fixtures, fences, gates, and roofs
• Power transmission and related components
• Hydraulic systems, air compressors, pumps, and high- pressure wash equipment
• Working knowledge and experience with lifting equipment (cranes and hoists).
• Combination of education and experience associated with maintenance.
• Millwright/Industrial Mechanic Inter-Provincial License is an asset. (wage dependent of qualifications)
• Valid Manitoba driver’s license.
• Read and interpret blueprints and manuals
• Effective in evaluating situations, setting priorities, and using judgment to take effective action.
• Must be able to work shifts
• Behaviors: initiative, enthusiasm, positive attitude, open-minded;
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to express clear and concise written and verbal communication.
• Preference will be given to applicants that have a good computer background