CARTE International is seeking career minded applicants for the position of Payroll Administrator. If you are a positive and energetic person, an independent thinker, open-mindedness, and a great team player CARTE is looking for you!
The role requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience administering payroll in a unionized workplace using Ceridian software preferred. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparation, balancing and submission of all payrolls (salary, hourly, US) and all associated reporting functions; responsibilities to support compliance reporting, statutory reporting, financial reporting and benefits premium submissions; preparation and balancing of the GL entries and GL reconciliations related to payroll and benefits accounts; calculation and preparation of special payroll runs, year-end adjustments for pension and company loans. Incumbent must have experience performing year end functions including the preparation and reconciliation of T4s.
• Certified Payroll Professional with PCP or CPM designation preferred.
• Minimum 5 – 10 years’ experience in the payroll function serving 300 employees or more.
• Working knowledge of Employment Standards and Payroll Legislation.
• Ceridian HCM Dayforce experience considered an asset.
• Must be proficient in excel.
Strong organizational and communications skills, computer skills, word processing, reliable keyboarding and data processing skills.