General activities related to inside sales and quotation preparation, gaining business for Carte. Prepare quotations for various transformer types. Provide customer service related to pricing, repair order or other topics as required for internal and external customers.
- Prepare quotations consistent with Carte’s pricing guidelines in a timely fashion. Maintain quotations database.
- Assess opportunities to price-maximize bid situations where non-standard products are requested by potential customers. Investigate possibilities for lower material costs on quotations.
- Investigate and report on material cost variances using reports/ BOM’s.
- Communicate intentions of quote (components, tank size, etc.) to Product Team designers to ensure costs remain within those quoted. Conduct market analysis through quotation feedback and orders received.
- Provide professional customer service and communication with external customers and internal customers (including sales managers, production control, and product teams).
- Post-secondary education in B.Comm or other related education (certificate programs, college courses, etc.) Related training: continuous education certificates and diplomas.
- Good mechanical aptitude required to visualize and execute design elements.
- Dynamic, initiative, enthusiasm, positive attitude, adaptable, and open minded.
- Strong English skills in both written and verbal communication.
- Solid working knowledge of personal computing programs (Excel, Word, email, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills (quotation storage, contract organization, database management).
- Team player that is considerate, constructive and thoughtful.
- Strong customer focus (internal and external). Superior customer service is expected.
Only applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.