CARTE International Inc. has been manufacturing transformers in Winnipeg since 1973. With over 300 employees, we are management owned and have grown significantly to be a major supplier of transformers in its product range in Canada and the USA. CARTE is recognized as a manufacturer of high quality transformers providing excellent customer service. The overall excellence of its people is one of the major reasons for Carte’s success.
“THE MOST IMPORTANT RESOURCE AT CARTE INTERNATIONAL IS ITS PEOPLE”
CARTE International is seeking career minded applicants for the position of Tester. If you are a positive and energetic person, an independent thinker, open-minded, and a great team player CARTE is looking for you!
Testing of single phase and three phase transformers.
• In good physical condition: bend, lift a reasonable weight, and have good physical abilities.
• Be able to be certified as a fork lift and crane operator.
• Manage ratio testing of coils, including current and voltage transformers, tanking inspection of assembled units and assist processing personnel on power requirements.
• Identify and resolve winding/wiring errors, troubleshoot dielectric failures, prepare test reports.
• Must be able to read and understand drawings and engineering instructions
• Knowledge of operation and maintenance of equipment and hand tools
• Community college training as an electrical technician or electrical technologist is required. CTech / CET status recognized by CTTAM or eligibility for membership with CTTAM is required.
• Behaviours: good initiative, enthusiasm, positive attitude, open-minded.
• Communication skills: Strong English communication skills in both written and verbal communication. Able to communicate in an open, professional and courteous manner with peers, other functional areas, manufacturing personnel, management, and senior management.
• Team player that is considerate, constructive and thoughtful.
• Strong time management skills.
• Analytical skills: strong problem solving skills, creative, strong attention to details.
Depending on qualifications.
Shift work is required.